We have previously looked at a collection of 5 must have tips on website maintenance, as part of a collection of our daily Professional tips, dubbed #Willapps #ProTips. We have since published more professional tips and below is the second collection of them, covering more areas to help you make the best of your website.
We hope you find these tips helpful;
1) The contact form on your website is not for decoration purposes. It is important to monitor and respond to the messages that are sent through.
2) The content on your website for example address and contact details should be up-to-date. If you change location for example, this should be reflected on your website.
3) Your website should be responsive to different screen sizes and browsers. For example, users should have a good experience using your website on both their laptops and phones.
4) Your website should be social media friendly. For example, it should have social media buttons linking to your pages, social media sharing options, comment sections, logins etc.
5) Your website should conform to current design trends and standards. It is always okay to have it redesigned whenever necessary.
6) Your website should have clear and distinctive calls to action. For example if you want people to call or email you, let it be shown clearly.
7) Your website should be easy to navigate. A person should be able to get to a page they want in not more that 3-4 clicks.
8) The content on your website should be clear and concise. It doesn’t help to have so much yet very confusing content.
9) Your website should make very good use of images. Humans process images 60,000 times faster than text, and 90 percent of information transmitted to the brain is visual.
10) Your website should be search engine optimized. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) makes your website easily discoverable in organic search engine results.
11) Your website should be designed in a manner that is consistent with your company branding and corporate identity design. For example, it should adopt a consistent color scheme.
For feedback, comments, compliments or inquiries, please do so in the comments section.